Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fewer contacts in a report then there are on the database

Fewer contacts in a report then there are on the database

[ Edited ]

I have Act 2010 version 12 on my computer, which has the Windows XP operating system. 

I currently have 4036 people in my database, but have just run a Contact Directory Report and this only shows 2683 contacts.  I have noticed this before, with other reports.

How can I ensure that all contacts are included on the report?

I intend to delete many of the people from the database but I would like to keep a copy of their details on the computer using a contact report in a searchable PDF file.

As a bit of background, I appreciate that I could back up or copy the database instead, but I would rather save space and just have a single PDF file to refer to if I need an old client's contact details (the nature of my work means that 90% of my clients are individuals or families, and the work I do for them is usually a one-off so I get very little repeat business hence deleting data, rather than archiving it.  Many will have changed their addresses or passed away since we were last in contact).  It's quicker to make a Contact Report of everyone on the database than it is to pick out the individuals I want to keep. 

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Fewer contacts in a report then there are on the database

Try the database maintenance routines in ACT!.  You can find them at Tools | Database Maintenance.  See if that helps.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Reports that have supreports as part of the template are typically set to not include the contact if the subreport is empty. That would be the most likely reason for a discrepancy between the lookup count and the report output. You could also be running the report for a lookup rather than all contqacts.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thank you, Stan.  I did that before I ran the report.

Thank you, Roy. Whilst I understand what you have said,  I am not  actually sure what a sub-report is.  How do I know if there is a sub-report in my report?

Platinum Elite Contributor

If the runtime filter dialog has mor tabs than the basic general tab the ruport has subreports.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129