Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fear and Which Anti-Virus/Backup Utility to Use?

Fear and Which Anti-Virus/Backup Utility to Use?

Greetings,

I've been using various Norton and Symantec products for many years with a reasonable degree of comfort, and am currently using Norton 360.  After reading this thread,

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ACT&thread.id=7396

I have decided to go to something else for backup, antivirus and general utility needs.  What is a good choice?  I have a total of 6 PCs (2 of which are laptops), and two of the desktops are networked; I run Act 2008 (and soon 2009) on three of the computers (and might go to 5 of the computers).  Priorities are ease of use, minimal system overhead, and cost.

Thanks!

Re: Fear and Which Anti-Virus/Backup Utility to Use?

MarcDavidMiller,

Working directly with customers, I see a lot customers using AVG by Grisoft antivirus.  I personally use this myself and found it reliable and minimal on system resources.  They have a free version available, go try it out.

I haven't worked much with backup software.  Hopefully one of many ACT! consultants and users will be able to recommend additional software.

regards,

dlunceford

Platinum Elite Contributor

I strongly recommend Genie Backup Manager Pro 8.0 because it is capable of backing up open files. I have tested backups done with that without stopping the SQL server and I was able to reattach the ADF and ALF files without any problems. Their web site is http://www.genie-soft.com/
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks Roy.