Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Faxing Problems from Act

Faxing Problems from Act

I need advise and help on faxing groups from Act.   I was told by Sage personell to purchase Fax Admin by ADSD Computer for my new Act 2008.   I did.   What a mistake!   It has been over 3 months and still not working for my purposes.

I am an old Symantec WinFax Pro 9.0 user and I LOVED that program.   I would have purchased that again if it was still available.   I could sort, delete, add, change, etc. WHILE the faxes were being sent.  I could also delete an individual company from the fax queue while the pages were faxing.    

FaxAdmin techs told me not to compare the two, and I understand their point.   Their product is lousy.   It is marketed to companies but cannot fax simple Word or Excel documents.   I cannot see which companies are being faxed at the time, nor does it correctly log what has faxed to whom into Act for me.    I once used my WinFax Pro program almost every single day, and now have only used FaxAdmin a handful of times.   And I have no idea if some, most, or any of the faxes have gone through.

Any suggestions?   Act is useless to me without being able to fax to my companies in groups.

Thank you.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Faxing Problems from Act

Hi Jcqui,

Not sure if you are asking if it is possible via the SDK or is it more of a general product query?

The ACT.UI.UICorrespondanceManager does expose some faxing elements but I have never tested them so could not say how effective they are. My best guess would be to write a simple plugin say a simple Hello World type and try out the exposed methods. Post up here your findings it would be helpful for all of us I reckon!

If your question was not development based, you might find more joy from some of the other forumns for general support queries. That aside, have you thought about using the Windows fax server? We use it so that we mail merge via ACT! and then print to the shared Fax printer on the network. I appreciate it might not be perfect for doing a mass fax spam/post thing but you could integrate MS Fax Server with your exchange server and use Outlook to Fax out?

Vivek
Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog

Vivek

Thank you for your reply, but I am not sure I understand it.   I am not familiar with message boards generally, and thought I was in the right place for my question.    If I am not, I would appreciate some advise on where I should post this question.   Also, what is SDK?

One of the things I was trying to find out is if any other Act users fax to groups and what do they do to make it work properly?    Or do they use a different program that I am not familiar with?

Since I want primarily to fax to groups, I cannot use the fax program in Act, nor the windows fax server (at least that is what I think and have been told by Act personell).

Thank you.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Jcqui, I think with FaxAdmin you need Winfax 10

I use MergeMaster for this - http://www.prodocom.com.au/mergeMaster.php

It works with ACT! 7.0 - 10.0, does all sorts of reports and even allows Company fields in a merge

My Act 6.0 and winfax 10.0 works like a charm.
Platinum Elite Contributor

The code to link ACT! 6.0 and WinFAX is mostly in WinFAX from when both were owned by Symantec.

Unfortunately (probably due to MS including faxing in the OS), Symantec no-longer updates or develops WinFAX