Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fax number in contact detail

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Fax number in contact detail

How can you edit what fields are visible in the contact detail view. I am entering fax numbers but they are nowhere to be seen!??! I am using ACT! 11.0

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JETYD
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Fax number in contact detail

Just an FYI, for some reason, the FAX field is under the "Personal" tab.  I went into the layout designer:

Tools>Design Layouts>Contact

and selected the Fax label and field box from the Personal tab, and then moved them "up" to the main contact detail.  However, the Fax entry box lost it's pointer to the actual field, and I had to double-click the field and tell it to point to the FAX field in the database.

Just in case you do it this way, note the actual field may not cut/paste like the field label.  Hope this makes sense...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

View solution in original post

All Replies

You can add new fields to the layout using the layout designer.

Designing Layouts in ACT!

Solution
Accepted by topic author JETYD
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Just an FYI, for some reason, the FAX field is under the "Personal" tab.  I went into the layout designer:

Tools>Design Layouts>Contact

and selected the Fax label and field box from the Personal tab, and then moved them "up" to the main contact detail.  However, the Fax entry box lost it's pointer to the actual field, and I had to double-click the field and tell it to point to the FAX field in the database.

Just in case you do it this way, note the actual field may not cut/paste like the field label.  Hope this makes sense...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com