Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fax issues

Copper Contributor

Fax issues

With no obvious cause, I am getting an error message when opening ACT 2010 "No Fax Provider: No provider loaded. Please make sure your fax software is installed correctly." I have FaxTalk 8 and ASDS FaxAdmin installed. I ran the installation programs again, choosing repair, then confirmed that all the proper selections were made in ACT. The problem still exists. Any ideas?

Re: Fax issues

mwh1962: I have exactly the same problem with ACT 2010 (among others #@***"!!). Did you ever get an answer that worked regarding ACT "seeing" your fax program? Thanks.
Copper Contributor

No answers at all. I have moved ACT to a different computer, but did not move FaxTalk, only ASDS Fax Admin, and it now works.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Did you ever contact ASDS, the Fax Admin vendor, regarding you problem?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Yes, and they recommended an update, which I downloaded when I moved to the new computer. FaxTalk is more diffcult to move, so I don't yet know whether that had anything to do with my problem or not. One thing is sure; it's far too difficult to move software to new computers!

The manufacturers could probably triple sales if they could get the software publsihers to cooperate. I've used PC Mover twice, with equally diasterous results, but I can't find anyhting better. Some publsihers make it easy to deactivate on one machine and reactivate on another, but most of the time, it's a real pain in the neck.