Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fatal error when trying to re-install Act Pro 2012

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Fatal error when trying to re-install Act Pro 2012

I just tired calling the help line to get through this download and they said I would have to pay $199 for anyone to help me. What kind of help line is that?? I hope I can get some help on here, it would be very much appreicated!

I recieved a link to re-download my ACT!Pro2012 after getting a new tower, upgraded to Windows 7. I am on a network of computers that all have Act and Simply Accounting. When I download the files, I click install.. and just when it is almost done (installed the SQL server etc.) the message says:

Error: -1603 fatal error during installiation.
Consult Windows installer help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for for information.

I googled it and tried to open the download in compatibility mode, but it says I can't because I am on a network of computers.

Any guidence so I can move forward with my work??? I've been on this for a few days now. Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author centrewellingtonchamber
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Fatal error when trying to re-install Act Pro 2012

- Make sure you are running the installation locally, not across the network
- Ensure you are logged into your machine with local administrator permissions
- Make sure the Windows Installer service is running in your Windows Services
- The Windows Installer may be damaged and need to be uninstalled. It will be reinstalled during the ACT! installation

Additional actions:
- Clean out your personal and Windows temp files
- Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows (from User Accounts option in your Control Panel)
- Before reinstalling: reboot machine after removing installer, cleaning out temps, and disabling UAC

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author centrewellingtonchamber
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Fatal error when trying to re-install Act Pro 2012

- Make sure you are running the installation locally, not across the network
- Ensure you are logged into your machine with local administrator permissions
- Make sure the Windows Installer service is running in your Windows Services
- The Windows Installer may be damaged and need to be uninstalled. It will be reinstalled during the ACT! installation

Additional actions:
- Clean out your personal and Windows temp files
- Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows (from User Accounts option in your Control Panel)
- Before reinstalling: reboot machine after removing installer, cleaning out temps, and disabling UAC

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.