Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Fatal Error 1603 when upgrading to Act 2010 SP1

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Fatal Error 1603 when upgrading to Act 2010 SP1

Hi;

I am running Windows 7 64 bit and I'm trying to upgrade Act 2010 ver. 12.0.409.0 Hotfix 3, to Act 2010 SP1w/Hotfix 1. Everytime I try it, I keep getting the Fatal error 1603 message. I've read all the posts about this and done just about everything that's been suggested, ie uninstalling Act, reinstalling, setting security permissions, using Act Uninstaller program and reinstalling, etc., etc. I have no problem upgrading to Hotfix 4, but when I try the SP1 upgrade, it fails with the 1603 error. I have a laptop running Windows 7 32 bit with another copy of Act 2010 and I've had no problems upgrading that one. It's just the 64 bit one that won't upgrade. I've seen where other folks have gotten a link for a download with the Service Pack built into it, in their private message area, and it has worked for them. How can I get this? Or does somone have any other suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gasman
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Fatal Error 1603 when upgrading to Act 2010 SP1

Hello Gasman,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

I have sent you a Private Note with a link to download the fully updated Act! 2010 SP1 installation files.  Before installing these udpated files, it is recommended to uninstall the currently installed Act! 2010 program.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gasman
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Hello Gasman,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

I have sent you a Private Note with a link to download the fully updated Act! 2010 SP1 installation files.  Before installing these udpated files, it is recommended to uninstall the currently installed Act! 2010 program.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you. This worked perfectly.

Hi,

I am also having the same issue, would it be possible to get a link to the files as well please?

Cheers,

Chris

Chris,

See your Private Notes.

Greg Martin
Sage

I am having the same issues with the update. I had the trial version, added my Key, tried to update by get the Error 1603.  I have tried to set the Config.msi so it is not locked but that is not working.  Could I also get those files?

Thanks,

Chad

I am also having the same problem with 2 Windows 7 machinnes. One running in 64 bit and the other 32bit. No issue with another win 7 machine (32 bit). All similar config.

At the end of the update process, it encounters a fatal error. Where can I download a full ACT2010 with SP1 as a complete package?

Thanks.

Bruno

I am also having this error on 2 Windows 7 32 bit machines.  The SP1 update worked on the other 2 Windows 7 32 bit machines.  I have tried all other avenues.  Could you send me the link to the sp1 full installer please.

Hello Craig,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Please see your Private Notes for a link to download the installation files containing all updates.

Greg Martin
Sage

RHC_act,

If you still need the fully updated Act! 2010 download link, I have sent you a Private Note with it.

Greg Martin
Sage