Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Failed to setup local sync entity. Failed to open a connection to the database.

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Failed to setup local sync entity. Failed to open a connection to the database.

Searched first and didn't find this exact issue.  If it's already been answered point me there.

My computer crashed and I had to re-install ACT on the new computer.  Hard drive was not damaged so pulled over all my data from it to the new computer.  ACT is running OK on it but my two associates can't sync with me.  I had named my computer a different name than my old one so went in today and corrected that issue. When I try to "Allow incoming syncs" it acts like it's trying to sync itself rather than normal when it just checks the "Allow incoming syncs" box  then I get "Failed to setup local sync entity.  Failed to open a connection to the database".

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jtbamford
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Failed to setup local sync entity. Failed to open a connection to the database.

Solved all sync issues by upgrading to 2009 v 11 at your advice.  Found at Amazon.com for $129

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Failed to setup local sync entity. Failed to open a connection to the database.

You will need to reinstall ACT! and SQL.  SQL is going to look at the old computer name.  You can verify by going to Start > Run and type in actdiag.  You'll see Server Name: <Computer Name>\ACT7.

Not sure which version you're using, but the same steps apply for ACT! 2007-2009

How to Uninstall ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0) and ACT! by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0)

Copper Contributor

I have ACT 2006.  Do you have to uninstall then re-install?  When I have done that before it was so complicated I had to get Support involved. Do those directions in the link you gave work for ACT 2006 or are they different for my version.

The steps are different.  I linked the correct  KB article below.  Let me know if you encounter any issues with the reinstall.

How To Uninstall ACT! 2006

Solution
Accepted by topic author jtbamford
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Solved all sync issues by upgrading to 2009 v 11 at your advice.  Found at Amazon.com for $129