Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Failed to attach document to database...

Copper Contributor

Failed to attach document to database...

In ACT! 2010, I cannot attach a PDF to the Documents tab.  I used to in the last version.

I can attach the same PDF to my history tab.

Can some point me to a solution?

Thank you,

Tom

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Failed to attach document to database...

Tom,

Can you provide some more information:

- What is your operating system

- Are you receiving an error message?  If yes, what is the error?

- Does it happen when drag/dropping a file onto the Document tab, when using the Add Document button, or both?

- Is this database local to your computer or on a server? 

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Hello Greg,

My computer is running Windows Vista Home Premium, Version 6, (Build 6001: Service Pack 1)   32 bit

I do receive a popup - Failed to attach File to database - on document tab when I click the Add Document: File.

It will not accept dragging a PDF from desktop.

I can, however, attach the same PDF to History by clicking on Attach File icon.

It is a local database.

Thank you, 

Tom

Platinum Super Contributor

The first troubleshooting step, since you are on a Vista machine, is to run Act! as an Administrator.  To do this: close Act! > right click on the Act! icon > select Run As Administrator.  Test.

If this resolves the issue you can set Act! to always run as an Administrator by: right click on Act! icon > select Properties > select Compatibility tab > put check mark in option at bottom for 'Always run as Administrator' > click OK to close screens.  Then open Act! as normal by double click on icon.

If that does not resolve the issue, review this link for other steps: Failed to attach file to datastore msg

Greg Martin
Sage

I am having the same issue attaching PDF (or other) files in the documents tab.  We upgraded ACT Premium 2008 to ACT Premium 2010 and this is when the problem started. We have 8 users hiting the database. On the client side I am running XP pro, the database is on a MS Server 2003.  I have repaired and reindexed the database and that does not help any. Jaime