Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Failed installation of ACT 10.0

Failed installation of ACT 10.0

I'm trying to install ACT 10.0 on a new laptop with Windows 7 OS. When install is complete and I attempt to launch ACT for first time I receive a message box that reads "The type initializer for 'Protexis.O' threw an error." (the extension after Protexis is actually more of a square box than a letter 'O') When I click on the message box "OK" the ACT closes down immediately; I cannot find a way to open and begin the transfer of my Contact DB from my old PC. Any suggestions?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Failed installation of ACT 10.0

I don't think ACT! 2008 properly supported Windows 7 ... you might need to look at an upgrade

Mike, Thanks for the tip; you are most likely correct. I'll give them a call about the upgrade. Harry (hcbenson)

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Also, if your Windows 7 O/S is 64-bit, you will get this error installing ACT! 2008, as that version is not supported on a 64-bit system. The current version of ACT! supports Windows 7, 64-bit, and Office 2010 (32-bit).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.