Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Failed email merge Act 2009

ADT

Failed email merge Act 2009

Hello

Only some of the emails I have sent using ACT 2009 mail merge function via Outlook 2003/Windows VISTA are reaching the intended recipients, most are vanishing, without returning any error messages, except for a temporary loss of server connection during one batch.  (Act 2009 v11, Outlook 2003 v11.8, Windows VISTA, Local Private Database, IMAP/SMTP email account).

When I tested the process with batches of less than 10 contacts in my look-up, all 10 worked. When I ran the process in batches of 150 contacts in the look up, the ACT dialogue box showed 150 records merged successfully and the Outlook send folder showed 150 emails sent with only a very few failure notifications where individuals' mailboxes were full or I had written their address wrong. Checking directly with individuals from each batch revealed that some, but very few have received my email message.

I am unsure whether just to try again (and risk annoying my contacts), try smaller batches (tedious), change my IMAP email account to POP3 (because I think I read in other threads there had been problems with IMAP) or run the merge again logged on as a Windows administrator (I think I read that too)?

Has anyone experienced similar?

Thanks

ADT

Re: Failed email merge Act 2009

My ISP (TalkTalk) has just confirmed to me that their server places a 20 email limit on batch emails.

My website hosting and email provider (123-Reg) limits them to 200 per hour and 500 per day.

ADT

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Failed email merge Act 2009

Hello ADT,
Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing (limited by ISP), but do appreciate your posting an update. Thank you.
Greg Martin
Sage