02-14-2013 11:15 AM
I have Sage ACT!2010. I made a new layout for my current database, used the User Field Tab, renamed the user fields and didn't realize I didn't "map" the fields. I fixed it on the "basic Layout".
The customer information is there in the layout when I look at it.
02-14-2013 11:20 AM
Did you change the field name (Tools | Define Fields) or dis you just edit the field lagel in the layout designer. If so the field retains its original name for reports and lookups.
02-16-2013 08:14 AM - edited 02-16-2013 08:17 AM
I would consider not changing the names of any existing ACT! fields, even the user defined fields. Might consider Creating New fields from Tools/Define fields....Then apply those to your layout.
also consider how these Actual field name changes will affect existing Reports and Write Templates and layouts. (Changing the fields label on a layout is one thing, but changing the actual field names can have repercusions). -
PS: Do Not change a ACT! System field from Character to Memo cus you won't be able to change it back to Character once changed to memo type.. cheers - FSB