Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

F5 Refresh

Copper Contributor

F5 Refresh

I have ACT! PRO 2011 with l;atest hotfixes, etc.on Win7 64 bit. When I ry to refresh a contact page using F5 the ACT Folder window opens. The only way I can refresh is by going to "View" "Refresh". How can I get F% to work, Refresh?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: F5 Refresh

Look to your system, the F5 works as expected on both my 64-bit Windows 7 systems.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Employee

Does it work fine in a browser?

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

Roy, Sorry but your post makes no sense to me. I'm glad it works on your system. But where am I suppopsed to look? Is the "system" under my mouse? Sorry for being sarcastic, but ....
Copper Contributor

When I hit F5 in IE9 a screen opens that says "Type the Internet address of a document and IE will open it for you.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Try the Windows operating system or some other application. I see another post that indicates that IE( may be involved and I;m running IE8 though I use Chrome most of the time.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Employee

The fact that it's not refreshing the browswer page (and like in Act attempting to open a file location) tells me that F5 has been rebound somehow. I'm not sure what would cause this however, if it's a laptop I'd make sure my function key wasn't depressed.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

Hey Guys, Thank you for your support. However the problem was/is much easier to repair. E.g. if a keyboard, my Microsoft, has an "F Lock" key, clicking it resolves the problem. BTW, I didn't figure this out myself. I called a "geek" friend, mentioned the problem and he immediately said "If your keyboard has the F Lock key, just hit it." Low and behold, problem cured. Again, thanks, Richard