Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Extra rows being added to my new notes.

Highlighted

Extra rows being added to my new notes.

[ Edited ]

After upgrading to v22, every time I add or update a note, it seems to add extra rows that I then can't remove. Notice the old entries (from Act 2006) and the two entries on top, with the large empty space between notes. Is there some way to remove the extra rows or stop them from being added?

Highlighted

Re: Extra rows being added to my new notes.

Same here - just since the v22 upgrade. Very annoying...

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Its a defect in 22. Update 2 for 22 installed?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Update 2 is supposed to have fixed this but I still see it on clients even after the update. Check your version has update 2 installed, Help, ACT Notifications.

Highlighted

Yep - update 2 installed (or so it claims!). Still a problem. very boring...

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Update 3 and its still there. Looks annoying and less easy to read. Any fix?
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

You'll need to wait for Update 4 which is supposed to address this issue. It will be released shortly I hope.
Jan Teske
ACC
jbt consulting
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Thanks Jan. It seems so odd that after decades this issue would suddenly appear. I hope its fixed soon.

Highlighted

I  registered today with the ACT community for the first time. My present version is 22.1 update (4); I run ACT on my local computer where I have Windows 10 and I do sync with Outlook . I thought I was the only one in the world having these problems; but after finding this ACT community site I was relieved to read that a lot of people having the same problems in the NOTES section. I call myself Legacy ACT Man because I have been using ACT since its inception when it was only ACT, then Symantec, then Sage and now Swiftpage. Up until late last year I was very happy with the support. In the old  days (prior to Switpage) the support group seemed to fix a problem very quickly but the current support for this problem is absolutely TERRIBLE. I started experiencing the problems outlined by everyone in this community group some time late last fall. So, I think it was around version 21 or 22; I cann't say for sure. I rely on the NOTES section as my primary tool to keep organized in my function as a sales person. Of course scheduling and syncing with Outlook is another area I utilize and I don't have any issues with that function. I started having these problems last fall ---

- ACT Notes changing the formatting of my notes ( adding lines, changing fonts, changing sentences from standard font to BOLD font 

- these changes occur without warning after I have completed typing in some paragraphs; I will close out of NOTES and the next time I look at my notes 

everything has been changed

- If I copy text from my Outlook emails and paste into NOTES the text looks fine at that moment; but the next time I go to NOTES it has also been changed

- The column that shows the date of each notes keeps moving left out of sight so constantly have to  scroll over to see the date -- very inconvenient

- BUT MOST FRUSTRATING is that I am no longer able to view my notes full screen ( from top of the "Detail" window to bottom of "Detail" window; I can only view about 2 inches vertically of text --- THIS IS ABSOLUTELY CRAZY !!! . 

I have been assuming that Swiftpage would fix this and every time there was a new version or update I prayed that this would fix the problem -- but so far no such luck. I have talked to tech support probably about 6-8 times since December and each and every time the technician knows nothing about this problem. They spend a lot of time on the phone with me (one time it was about (4) hours but they cannot fix the problem. In each case the technician confirms the fact that this problem was new to him or her. They do some research in their database while I am on hold and yes, they find where this  problem does exist and many people having the problem. But, yet they never seem to be aware of the problem when I first get connected to them.

I am guessing that what has happened to ACT is very similar to what happens to many companies after they have been bought and sold multiple times. I think Swiftpage is only interested in large accounts and spend all their research on fancy new bells & whistles for digital marketing instead of maintaining the main CRM function.

I am not a software trained person, so I really don't understand why this problem exists. The NOTES section is simply "word processing" area. What's so difficult about correcting this word processing function????? When personal computers first came out back in the "80's word processing was one of the main functions; here we are (4) decades later and they cann't get this simple word processing function to work correctly. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT !!!!

At the beginning of this message I stated that I am now running Update 4.  That has not fixed any of these problems. I installed this newest update yesterday praying that would fix the problem -- but it didn't do anything. 

I received an email from Swiftpate advising me that my credit card was charged on Thurs for my annual individual subscription ( $310 ). I called customer service telling them to cancel my subscription unless they can fix this problem I have been waiting for almost (8) months now. It's time someone get busy and support legacy subscription members like me

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is a strange bug, for sure.

If you save the new note without the actual note part first, then edit it to add the note, you won't get the added row.

If you inadvertently resave an existing note (now with an added row), you can cut the note content, save it, then add it back. The added row will be gone.