Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Extending the trial period

Copper Contributor

Extending the trial period

I am running the trial version of ACt 2008 on my server and a couple of our laptops. I have ordered the 5 user licence version from Pre-act in the uk and am expecting it to arrive on Teusday-Wednesday of this week. Problem is that while on the server and one laptop I still have 10 days of trial left, on mine (the one I am doing all the setup etc) my trial as expired. I tried uninstalling act and reinstalling at, and it still knows. I know it sounds like a dodgy question, but is there anyway to reset this as this weekend was the weekend to get all this going and because of the Holiday Weekend the arrival of our actual copies are delayed. Any help anyone?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Extending the trial period

There is no way to extend the trial.

You might need to use one of the other machines to do the work. If Pre-act have the copies (or at least one), you don't need the physical package if they can get you the serial number
Copper Contributor

Yeh, thanks. thought as much. Won't get access to either the other laptop, or I imagine Pre-act till Teusday. Bloody Bank Holidays are a nightmare. You would think that someone would realise that business doesn't stop on Bank Holidays anymore. Thanks anyway.
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you have VMware, you could install the trial in a new virtual machine.

Or try sending an email to the guys at Pre-act... you never know your luck, someone might be checking and be able to assist