Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Expression syntax for custom reporting fields

Expression syntax for custom reporting fields

I am creating some new ACT reports that need custom fields using expressions but I can not find a guide on act expression syntax anywhere.

What I am trying to do is create a sales person productivity report to show how many calls they made, meetings they had, etc...

I am using the CH:Result field as my base field, but I need a way to break out each task as its own item and then count them.

I am a SQL / Crystal guy and not familiar with act reporting.

Here is what I want to do if it helps:

Custom field 1 

If [CH:Result] = "Called Left Message" then 1

Custom field 2 

If [CH:Result] = "Call Completed" then 2

Custom field 3

Count Custom Field 1

Custom field 4

Count Custom Field 2

Any help you can give me would be appriciated. If you have any other approaches that may work better for me I would be open to that as well.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Expression syntax for custom reporting fields

You might want to take a look at the History Summary Classic report.

I work with both the ACT! reports and Crystal reports. The ACT! reports are more structured, especially in the data sourcing, than Crystal reports but the ACT! report editor has a more direct method of defining and editing the objects and elements of the report template.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I have played with the history summary classic report a little, but it does not give me the detail I need. I an trying to make a summary version of the History / Time Spent report so I can see everything a RM is doing like Meeting Canceled and Called Left Message. If I could build a Results based version of the history summary classic report it would be perfect.
Platinum Elite Contributor

The type of report should be possible, I just created a template a little bit like that for a customer. However, such a report would required quite a bit of scripting to make it work. If you are interested in discussing it further, send me a personal message.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129