Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting to a USB Mass Storage Device

Exporting to a USB Mass Storage Device

How do I save my database onto a USB mass storage device? I tried exporting via text delimited but only 1054 contacts showed up on the other computer when I imported it to the Act on my other computer. I have 1849 contacts in my current database. Can anyone tell me how to do this so all my contacts show up??? Help!

Re: Exporting to a USB Mass Storage Device

What exactly are you trying to do?  Do you want to move the database, share the database, or synchronize? 

An easier way to move or copy the database is create a backup by going to File > Backup > Database.  Then transfer the backup to the other computer and perform a Restore As (File > Restore > Database).

How to Share an ACT! by Sage Database over a Network

How To Set Up Application Synchronization in ACT!

Hello,

I to have the same situation.  I moved the entire Act Database and Folders to a USB drive to save space on my pc for a handful of reasons.  Now I am not sure how to "launch" the database from the USB drive when it plug it in.  There is no easy "act icon" to just click on.  Any advice on what to look for?  I did click on the Act folder and unzipped the files, but all that did was put the whole thing back on my C:/ drive (which is what I don't want)

Thank you!

Bronze Super Contributor

Hi,

as Lance says, doing a backup is the easiest way to save your data onto a USB drive.

Note that you can't run an SQL database from a USB drive (to my knowledge), that is why you wouldn't be able to have your database on the USB drive and simply plug it in and run it.