Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting to Excel

Exporting to Excel

I am having trouble exporting my contact list to excel.  I have Act 2006 version 8 and the export to excel icon is grayed out.  I have tried to go into manage users to add export to excel as a preference but it won't allow me to do so.  Additionally, I am the administrator for the database so I thought export to excel should of been already a preference.  Can someone help me with this.

Thank you,

Silver Contributor

Re: Exporting to Excel

really only 3 options this won't work

1) ACT 2006 will not work with newer versions of MS office (like 2010)  check the ACT system requirements

2) assuming your version of ACT is compatible with your version of Office.  The button is greyed out unless you are choosing from the contact list. it is greyed out from the contact detail view.

3) if all else fails, it main mean a reinstall of office followed by a reinstall of ACT, but this is much more rare. 

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Re: Exporting to Excel

John,

Thank you so much for your reply.  My Act is 2006 version 8 and I have office 2007.  When I go to the contact list as you mentioned the export to excel button is still greyed out.  In addtion I am the administrator for the database, should that be any reason for this export to excel not to work.  I went to manage users and add preferences, it wont even let me make any chages to adding preferences.  I do appreciate your help

Thanks you.