Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting records from one db to another

Astute Commentator

Exporting records from one db to another

I exported 3 contact records from one database to another but the To-Do activities did not come over.  Did I do something wrong?

ACT 2008 Standard

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Exporting records from one db to another

When you did the export, was the box for "Include other user's public activities" checked? This would be on Screen 6 (Specify Merge Options) of the Export Wizard.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

I don't recall that box being checked.  I will pay close attention when I do another export this evening.  Thanks for the info!
Astute Commentator

The "Include other user's public activities" box WAS checked but the Activities still did not come over in the export.

I marked this "Solution Accepted" too soon.  Smiley Wink

Did other Activity types come over?  Did you try the export (or was it an import?) more than once?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

I only had Meeting activity types.  I Exported a few contacts from one database to another twice now.  No activities came over either time.
Astute Commentator

I did a test:

I added three contacts to database B and scheduled one of each type of activity then Exported them to database A.  None of the Activities came over.

I scheduled the same activities on database A then Exported to database B.  ALL of the activities came over.

Unfortunately I will always need to Export from B to A.

When I created database B I started with an empty copy of database A and just gave it a new name.

Any ideas?

Do the user names and user contact records in both databases match exactly?

Does the same thing with both the import and the export functions?

Greig Hollister