Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting from ACT! 2012 to ACT! 2011

Exporting from ACT! 2012 to ACT! 2011

Hey All, 

My mother bought ACT! a while back but never had the time to begin forming the database for her business. So I downloaded the trial version of ACT! 2012 on my computer to create the database for her, I got through 500 or so contacts and notes before i tried to send them to her computer. 

Unfortunately, she bought ACT! 2011 and I used ACT! 2012 to create the database. Now, ACT! 2011 on her computer will not allow me to to open the file because it says that it was created with a newer version of ACT! and needs to update, but the updater says ACT! is up to date.

Is there anyway to get around this without having to recreate the databse using 2011 or buying 2012? 

Thanks, 

Dane 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Exporting from ACT! 2012 to ACT! 2011

Exporting and importing the contacts isn't too hard.... but you'd lose the notes. to keep the notes, you need to use some add-ons, but would be cheaper just to upgrade to ACT! 2012
Silver Contributor

Re: Exporting from ACT! 2012 to ACT! 2011

If she purchased 2011 from a legitimate source, within the past 30 days, it is most likely elegible for a refund which could be applied to the ACT 2012 purchase.

Otherwise, your only option is to redo the work in ACT 2011 as ACT cannot be saved backwards.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider