Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting field data to an Excel quote form

Copper Super Contributor

Exporting field data to an Excel quote form

Hi,

Recently started working for a new company after an 11 month stint being unemployed.  Their standard quote form is an Excel spreadsheet.  I'm the only person using Act so this isn't a company wide issue for what its worth.

I'd like to be able to populate the spreadsheet with the contacts reach info (name, company, email, phone) automatically when opening the quote form in Excel.  Basically, I need to do a mail merge to Excel, but it appears Act only supports mail merge to Word documents.

I saw a KB article on mapping data but that seems like overkill, plus I think I would have to attach the quote form to every contact if I read this right.

Is there another way to do this?  Is the data mapping actually the best way?

Thought I'd ask here first for opinions.  Hope you can help.

Best....Mike

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Exporting field data to an Excel quote form

Hello Mike,

Yes, attaching the template and then mapping to Excel is the only method available for using an Excel template. You would just add the field holders to the Excel template, save it and then attach it under the Documents tab of any contact you want to run the template for. Then, once attached, highlight and click Map to Excel. It's not too much different than using Word, you just have to add the template to the Documents tab first and you can only run it for one contact at a time.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.