Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting contact trouble between databases

Exporting contact trouble between databases

I am trying to export a contact from one database to the other. After I go through the export process and hit finish it pulls up a loading bar that says "exporting contact," but never loads and just disappears, and the contact doesn't actually export. I have no trouble exporting contacts between other databases, so it is just exporting into this specific one. I have tried disabling the duplicate checking function in both databases I am using, but still no luck. Any thoughts?

(Act! Pro Version 19.2.146.0, Update 3)

Installed on windows 10

shared database

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Exporting contact trouble between databases

Most likely the contact you are trying to export is corrupted in some way, most likely a broken link between the contact record itself and a note or history entry.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

It isn't with just one contact. I have tried exporting several contacts over to this database and none of them work.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Hi bheiskari,

You could try...

Tools | Database Maintenance | Check and Repair

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Administrator

Is the issue with the database you're exporting TO or the one you're exporting from?

Are you able to export this contact into a different database? If so - do you have any 'mandatory fields' in the target database? If these mandatory fields are blank on the contact you are trying to export - I could imagine this causing the export to fail.

Otherwise, if it's the database you're exporting from that seems to be the problem, as David has suggested above - database repairs would be a good idea.

The issue is exporting TO this specific database. I have no trouble exporting to other databases. I have several contacts I am trying to export into this database, and none of them work. 

We do have mandatory fields, but I have checked and all of these fields are filled. It seems to be the database that we are trying to export to, but unfortunately the database repair didn't help either.