Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting a report I can edit / merg into word

Exporting a report I can edit / merg into word

I have to submit a monthly report that goes up the ladder in word format.

I can run the notes/history report which has the correct info but I need to remove some info (minor details in smaller accounts) and submit in word editable.  I have tried RTF - which in word is layed out in a graphic format (placed elements) and TXT - umm=garbage, I have done HTML work but that is just a silly way to go -

Since submitting the complete report as is is a good piece of supplimental info - I wanted to run the full report, save a full PDF, then save an editable copy, and review it - deleting the less important info, and thus condensing the report.

All I can think of is to create a flag in the contacts or company racords that indicates it is a "key account"  - but short of reviewing every flag every month this does not seem practical.  - there may not have been any significant events that month , but still historical records.

Ideas?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Exporting a report I can edit / merg into word

Have you tried creating a lookup of the contact you want to include and then running the report for the current lookup? That should cut out any need to edit the report.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Exporting a report I can edit / merg into word

Hello Roy:

Thanks & I agree that will work for my report, although I need to filter for each contact thet has a history this month, then tag only the ones I want.  A little tedius - but doable -

However the output still can not be added to my boss's MS Word report.

P