Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting a field in ACT to a cell in Excel and visa versa

Exporting a field in ACT to a cell in Excel and visa versa

I have custom designed field "Profit Costing" in ACT version 10 in Contacts which is triggered to open an excel spreadsheet (test.xls)with existing data. Is there any way that i can export the contact name from the "contact" field in ACT to cell A1 in excel? i know this can be done in word by "insert-field" but there is no such command in excel.

I'de prefer not to do it manually (ie: import/export function in file menu) as this defeats the purpose.

Also is it possible for a cell in excel to update a field in ACT (ie: numerical value)?

thanks,

Nickel Contributor

Re: Exporting a field in ACT to a cell in Excel and visa versa

I dont know if you can do that completely within ACT but it can be done via an addon.

look at Excel Templates at www.exponenciel.com

Matt Pulsts
Your Intown Handyman
Atlanta, GA

Re: Exporting a field in ACT to a cell in Excel and visa versa

Thanks, that add-in worked great.

Assuming i don't use the add-in......i guess this is more of an excel VBA question.

Is there anyway of accessing information in an excel sheet that is embedded in a word template in act from a new excel file?

For example i created a quote.atd template and used the "paste special" command to insert data from an excel spreadsheet (test.xls) which includes numerical data and i want to extract the total from cell A13 and place it into cell A1 in a different excel document (new.xls).

I know its not specifically a ACT question but it relates to an act template and thought i'de give it a shot.