Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting Subgroups

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Exporting Subgroups

Does anyone know if it is possible to export a subgroup from one database to another? Or can anyone help explain exporting a group from one database to another. I've been using the Export Wizard however everytime I go to export 1 specific group, only the group name is exported...all of the contacts stay in the other database. Then when I click on all contacts for a group, the entire database is exported.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rlogsdon
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Exporting Subgroups

While the previous suggestion should certainly work, there is an easier process.

Open you desired subgroup, right click in the group's contact list and select Create Lookup.

Then run the Export Wizard, and when doing the export, in step 3, select 'Current Lookup'  Should only export the contacts from the group this way.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

Exporting Subgroups

@rlogsdon ,

You can try doing a look up based on the subgroup which has to be exported  in the source d/b and tag the contacts using any one of the user fields / new feild , Edit -> replace field value , put a value there. Then create the same subgroup in the destination d/b with a dynamic criteria to look for the field which we replaced the value. Export the look up from the source to destination. That should do. 

Solution
Accepted by topic author rlogsdon
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Exporting Subgroups

While the previous suggestion should certainly work, there is an easier process.

Open you desired subgroup, right click in the group's contact list and select Create Lookup.

Then run the Export Wizard, and when doing the export, in step 3, select 'Current Lookup'  Should only export the contacts from the group this way.