Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting Multiple Email Addresses from one contact in ACT!8 Professional to Excel

Exporting Multiple Email Addresses from one contact in ACT!8 Professional to Excel

I am trying to export to Excel all email addresses from each contact in an ACT!2006 database, but ACT only exports the main email address. Can anyone tell me if this is possible please?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Exporting Multiple Email Addresses from one contact in ACT!8 Professional to Excel

Do you have the other email addresses in other fields or in secondary contacts?

Re: Exporting Multiple Email Addresses from one contact in ACT!8 Professional to Excel

Dear Mike,

They are always under "secondary Contacts". Thanks for your help with this.

Gareth 

Ahhh... these aren't additional email addresses, these are additional contacts.

Unfortunately, you can export secondary contacts normally. The easiest way to do that is to use itExport

Thanks Mike. One last question then - is there anywhere in ACT!8 I could list additional email addresses that I could then export to Excel or maybe even convert my seconary contacts in to additional email addresses?

Gareth

You can promote secondary contacts to be primary contacts... can't remember if this was an option in ACT! 2006, but certainly possible in the later versions.

Remember, Secondary Contacts are other contacts, not just for additional email addresses for the primary contact

OK thanks. So it looks like I will have to create a separate contact for all separate email addresses.

Best / Gareth

Only if the email addresses are for seperate contacts.

If for the same contact, you just create additional email fields