Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting Group info to Excel

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Exporting Group info to Excel

I want to export Group data to Excel, but when I go to the "Tools" tab the "Export to Excel" option is not dark so I cannot choose it.  What am I doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jim@Kingfisher
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Exporting Group info to Excel

Subgroups are only visually linked to the parent group, not programatically - there is no true relationship. So you would treat them as a separate group when exporting.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello Jim,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. First, make sure you are in the list view - Export to Excel is not available in the group detail view. Also, make sure you have a supported version of Excel for your version of ACT!:
ACT! 2005-2007: Excel 2000, 2002, 2003
ACT! 2008-2010: Excel 2002, 2003, 2007
ACT! 2011-2012: Excel 2003, 2007, 2010

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

So I cannot export group data to excel, I am trying to send a list on customers and targets to my client?  I do not want to send all of my contact only the ones in appropriate for them, how do I do this?

[ Edited ]

Yes you can. Are you trying to send the group info, or the info for the contacts in the group? You can export either these, but you have to be in the list view, not the detail view. To export the contacts that belong to a group, you would go to the group, right -click, and choose "Create Lookup". This will bring up a list of the contacts in that group. Click Options in the upper right corner of the list, then "Customize Columns" to choose the fields to export, then click the Export to Excel icon on the toolbar (or go to Tools > Export to Excel) - this option should be available in the List view.

If the Export to Excel option is not available in the List view, then please see the following Knowledgebase article:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28640/kw/28640

Greig Hollister

I tried it but it does not do what I need it to do, the it looks like I am trying to export contact data of a subgroup under the "prospects" group.  When I view the group in List View it does not show me the subgroups, it automatically shows everything in the detail list.  How can I export the subgroup contact info?

Solution
Accepted by topic author Jim@Kingfisher
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Subgroups are only visually linked to the parent group, not programatically - there is no true relationship. So you would treat them as a separate group when exporting.

Greig Hollister

- Go to the Group detail view and click on the subgroup
- Click on the Contacts tab for that subgroup
- Right-click under the Contacts tab and select "Create Lookup"
- The members of that subgroup will appear in a contact list view
- Select the columns you want from the Options menu in the upper right corner of the list
- Click the Export to Excel icon on the toolbar or go to Tools > Export to Excel

You will only be able to export field data - not Notes, Activities, Opportunities or Histories for these contacts. Only the fields you listed when adding columns to the list view.

Greig Hollister