Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting Group Lists

Exporting Group Lists

Hello!

I want to export a list of "Contacts" under a specific "Group" called "clients" into Excel. It seems whenever I get a list of my contacts in this group, the export to excel button goes away. I also tried the "Lookup" method and get the same results. Can anyone assist me with this?

To be clear, I do not want a list of my "Groups" nor do I want a list of all my "Contacts," I want a list of "Contacts" listed under one specific "Group." If this helps, I followed these instructions and got the results mentioned above: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13534/~/how-to-export-act%21-data-to-micros... - this even says, "There is no way to select specific Groups or Companies to export to Excel from these List views. If you would like to create a lookup of Group or Company records to export to Excel, you must click the Lookup menu, and use a field criteria to narrow the list.."  The "Lookup" method did not work for me; is there another way?

Thank you in advance!

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Exporting Group Lists

Select the group, then right-click and create a lookup.  Then you can export the list to Excel.  Hope that helps!  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

Re: Exporting Group Lists

Thank you, Brenda!

I am figuring this thing out after all!