Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting Contact Notes to Excel?

Exporting Contact Notes to Excel?

I am thinking about purchaseing ACT! but I want to make sure that it is possible to export Contact Notes. I know that it is possible to export Contact base information from ACT! to excel, but can you export Notes.  If you can export Notes, can you only Export Note from certain versions of ACT!.  If so, which ones. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Exporting Contact Notes to Excel?

You can't export Notes or History to Excel.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Nickel Contributor

Roy,

You can using ole db.  If you do a search in the ACT! knowledgecenter for ole db,  it's pretty simple.  Now,  just to let you know,  I saw some weird info when I tried it with the notes.  If it's the contact info, ALL of the fields make it through.  I only tried the notes/history one time and it was short.  I think you'll find what you're looking for.  I just hope ACT! did THAT section of OLE DB right.

I am in a hurry right now,  but I will help you through it.  Just look up ole db in the knowledge database.

You can even make it close to real time information in Excel.  There is a max 60 delay, but close enough.

-P

Nickel Elite Contributor

patgenn123 wrote:

Roy,

I saw some weird info when I tried it with the notes.  If it's the contact info, ALL of the fields make it through.  I only tried the notes/history one time and it was short. 

The regarding and details in notes and history are stored with RTF coding, that's what you saw.

Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Nickel Contributor

Is this because ACT! won't allow all of OUR information to be owned/parsed by us?  I know they have some powerful addon buddies they make a lot of money off of. 

Looks like I'll have to use a macro program to parse the real info out.

Ooops.  Now I've done it.  They now might take my info away from me...

-P

Nickel Elite Contributor

patgenn123 wrote:

Is this because ACT! won't allow all of OUR information to be owned/parsed by us?  I know they have some powerful addon buddies they make a lot of money off of. 

Don't bother, here is the link for an exporter add-on. http://www.jltechnical.com/ACTExport7_9.htm

The reason the Notes, History, Opportunities details include RTF coding is because of the many requests for a feature to allow changing the fonts and to bold, undersocre, etc. in the Notes and History. That's why an editor for that was added at ACT! 7 and the details are coded with RTF.

Sage does listen to feature requests but not everyone likes the results.

Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com