Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Export wizard does not complete export - Act! 2011 Pro

Export wizard does not complete export - Act! 2011 Pro

I have Act! Pro 2011 installed on a Windows 7 64 bit machine.  I am trying to export a select group of contacts (a current lookup) to a newly created empty copy of the source database.  I can complete the Export wizard with NO ERROR messages and all looks good.  It even shows the correct number of contact records during the mapping process.  When I get to the FINISH button and press it.  Nothing happens.  The wizard closes and the export does not take place.  The new database remains empty.  Again, there are NO ERRORS or ERROR MESSAGES during the process.  Please help.  Thank you.  Gregg

Bronze Contributor

Re: Export wizard does not complete export - Act! 2011 Pro

Good morning Gregghuxl and welcome to the ACT Forum.

First I am not an engineer, but I think I've seen this before and I have two thoughts.

1.  If the two data bases are not exactly alike, then I belive the data will not transfer.

2.  If you are just needing to transfer basic information, then export the data to an Excel file and import into the other database.

Of course if history and notes are involved, then #2 doesn't work.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium 2016 (V. 18)
Dell XPS Ultrabook with 4GB, Win 10 Pro, & Office 365, 32bit

Re: Export wizard does not complete export - Act! 2011 Pro

Thank you for the suggestion.  Upon applying the SP1 update and retrying the process, the export was successful!  No other changes were made, so it must have been a bug that was fixed by the update.  Although it was not listed as one.  Regards, Gregg.