Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Export to Excel Grayed Out

Highlighted
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Export to Excel Grayed Out

Hello Twcrowley,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Here is an article with some common reasons for the Export to Excel icon being grayed out: KB Article 14279

Greg Martin
Sage
Highlighted

I have Act 2008 ver 10.0, and MS Office 2003.  I am trying to export and entire group (Christmas Cards 2010) so that I can then do my mail merge and print cards/labels etc.  However, when I am at the group level the Export Icon is grayed out, it seems that I can only export once I do a Lookup and I don't really have anything to do a lookup on - I just want the entire group to export to excel.  I have administrator rights and can do exports from lookups ... HELP!!  I really need to get this list created TODAY!  I've been fighting with this for a few days and it just doesn't make sense to me that you can't export a group.

I have looked through most of the posts that deal with export/excel and they don't seem to have the same issue.

Thanks!

SKFLYNN

Highlighted

I FIGURED IT OUT FINALLY!!  A very simple - but NOT intuitive fix.  With the Group Name Highlighted, Right Click and Select "Create LookUp" (even thought I really don't want to create a lookup, and it creates a "Contact List" and then I can Export that.

Yeah!!!

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Seems everyone has a slightly different setup, but here's my easy solution.

Using:

ACT Premium for Web

Office XP (or I guess any older version of Office than ACT)

EXPORTING A GROUP FROM ACT FOR WEB:
1. Login to Web Interface
2. Click CONTACT LIST in top sub-menu
3. Click VIEW GROUPS / COMPANIES button at upper-right
4. Select the desired Group name. Click OK.
5. The Export To Excel button works on my browser here. It had been greyed out elsewhere.

NOTE::: I noticed in my setup I needed to LOGOUT / LOGIN to export a second list. The excel export function must have cached it somehow. Logout / Login seemed to clear it out.

Good Luck,

Dasher

Highlighted

I am having the same problem. I have office 2007 and ACT 2007, and I do not know which one was installed first. Can someone help? Thanks!

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Jessica,
Unfortunately, ACT! 2007 does not support Office 2007. ACT! 2008 was the first version to do that.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Highlighted

I have Act PRO 2011 and Office Starter 2010, which includes Excel.  It worked fine when it was first downloaded on my computer.  When i had to download again because i needed to have my Inspirion One switched out, i lost this function and the 'auto phone dial'

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Please see if the suggested solutions in KB Article 14279 help to resolve the issue.

- If Excel was installed after ACT! on your new machine, this could cause the issue. You will need to uninstall and reinstall ACT!

- If the operating system on your computer is Windows Vista or Windows 7, try disabling User Account Control. This is done through the User Accounts option in your Control Panel.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Highlighted

Thank you for your help.  After many hours, excel is now working.  But not so much phone dialing.  still greyed out.  I am Administrator for Act and for Windows 7.  Any suggestions?  It won't let me run the set up for setting up dialer.  When Act was first downloaded on the first computer, dialling worked fine for a whle, then diappeared.  Didn't come back even though i reinstalled Act 5 or 6 times now.   www.allpointsfasteners.com

Highlighted

Went to control panel for Windows 7.  I am shown as Administator and Guest Account is off.  Don't see where i can disable 'user accounts'?  Help?  www.allpointsfasteners.com