Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Export to Excel Grayed Out

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Export to Excel Grayed Out

I'm having problems exporting to Excel.  In previous versions, I've had the Export to Excel button, but since upgrading to Act 2008, it's grayed out.  I am in Contact List View.

I've read the previous thread, and none of the suggestions there work.  I have Excel 2007 installed (though I do still have Excel 2000 on this machine as well).  I have verified that I'm logged in as Administrator for both Vista and Act.  What else can I try?

My PAD file is located at:  C:\Users\Amber Blecker\Documents\ACT\ACT for Windows 10\Databases

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author BurBunny
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Export to Excel Grayed Out

BurBunny,

Was ACT! installed before Office 2007?  ACT! requires Office to be installed before ACT! because of how it integrates.  You'll need to reinstall ACT! if thats the case.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author BurBunny
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

BurBunny,

Was ACT! installed before Office 2007?  ACT! requires Office to be installed before ACT! because of how it integrates.  You'll need to reinstall ACT! if thats the case.

Moved JoanneChoi's reply to its own thread for greater exposure.

Will reinstalling ACT! by Sage Premium for Workgroups 2006 Version 8.0.2.82 after Office 2007 allow the export to Excel to function?
Nickel Contributor

No because Act 2006 is not compatible with Office 2007

Looking at previous threads it appears that Office 2007 is compatible with ACT 2008.  Is that correct?

Nickel Contributor

Yes it is. Office 2007 works with Act version 2008+

I currently use Office 2010 and the export-to-excel is grayed out too. I installed ACT! after Office 2010. Are they compatible?
Platinum Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

No currently available version of Act! is compatible with Office 2010.  Our Development team is determining the efforts and changes necessary to make Act! 2010 compatible with Office 2010, but we do not have a target date at this time.  The Act! 2011 version (scheduled for release next month, but no hard date set yet) will be compatible with Office 2010 (32-bit version only).  As we receive information we will post it to this post: Act! 2010 and Office 2010 compatibility.

Greg Martin
Sage

I am having the same problem but Office was installed before ACT.  I am using Act Premium Web 2008 (10.0).