Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Export opportunities to excel error - Value cannot be null Parameter name: sumColumnFields

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Export opportunities to excel error - Value cannot be null Parameter name: sumColumnFields

[ Edited ]

Hi folks, first my apologies if this is a repost but it is driving me nuts. I get the above error when trying to export opportunities to excel. Exporting contacts works fine. This error is not database dependant as it gives the same error on the trial database installed with ACT. I am on v 10.0.3 using Vista and office 2007. I seem to recall it worked recently and I have no idea what I have done to change things. I use a synched database and I tried turning off duplicate checking on the master database which has no effect.

Any advice would make laptop violence less likely over the coming weeks.

Thanks

Stu

Message Edited by stravers on 09-26-2008 08:54 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎03-22-2016 02:47 AM
Administrator

Re: Export opportunities to excel error - Value cannot be null Parameter name: sumColumnFields

I've found a resolved defect listed in the update notes for Act v17 that reads:

103715 - Exporting opportunity list to Microsoft Excel without the Weighted Total and Total column fails with error "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: sumColumnFields"

What version of Act are you running?

Do you have the Weighted Total and Total columns in your export?

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: Export opportunities to excel error - Value cannot be null Parameter name: sumColumnFields

Try running Office Diagnostics.

Office 2007:
  1. Exit all running applications and launch Outlook.
  2. Click the Help menu, and then click Office Diagnostics. The Microsoft Office Diagnostics dialog box appears:
    Note: Your screen may differ from the screenshot below.

3. If you have completed a diagnostics previously, then select Run Diagnostics Again, otherwise select Continue. The Start Diagnostics dialog box appears:

4. Click Run Diagnostics to begin the diagnostics process. Once the diagnostics has completed, you will be presented with a summary dialog box appears:
    Note: Your screen may differ from the screenshot below.

5. Complete the Microsoft Office Diagnostics wizard as instructed.

Hi there and thanks for the advice. However this did not solve the problem and I am still getting the same error when I try to export my opportunities list to excel. Any other ideas?

Thanks

HI there,

I had the same problem and accidently found an easy fix:  Just click 'No" when the warning message asks whether you want to create a Pivot table.  Voila!

Anne

Copper Contributor

You are a genius Anne!! I've been racking my brain with this for a couple days. Thanks Smiley Happy

Chris

I too am having this problem.  And the above (choosing NO) is not working.  Is anyone still having this problem.

Our ACT is setup on a server and I would have thought all the settings would be the same for everyone on the server but others don't have this issue when exporting.  I am authorised to export to excel like others. 

HELP would be much appreciated as this is most frustrating!

Thanks in advance,

Brooke

Solution
Accepted by Gary W (Administrator)
‎03-22-2016 02:47 AM
Administrator

I've found a resolved defect listed in the update notes for Act v17 that reads:

103715 - Exporting opportunity list to Microsoft Excel without the Weighted Total and Total column fails with error "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: sumColumnFields"

What version of Act are you running?

Do you have the Weighted Total and Total columns in your export?

Thank, Gary W.  It looks like we're on version 16.  Will have to upgrade I think.  It's odd all in the office are using the same version and have no probs exporting.  Will check the columns.

Adding the columns worked!

Thanks Gary

Administrator

No problem!
Glad to hear this workaround worked for you.