Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Export mapping error

Export mapping error

Hi,

Having an issue when trying to export to excel and loading a saved map.

The error message I get is:

The map file you selected is invalid. Please make sure that the map file has a valid extensionand mapping data.

I'm using custom fields but have tried it with the main contact field there too. If I ok the error, the map loads but without my custom fields!

Anyone had these and found a fix for it?

Thanks.
Andy

Copper Contributor

Re: Export mapping error

as is typical of act, this is still a problem and they don't care to fix it or respond to the problem.

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

What version of Act are you using?
Could you please describe exactly the steps you are taking that result in this error? It could also help to attach your .map file so we can check for any errors.

Hi Gary

Thanks for the response. We're on pro version 18, update 7. This was an old post and I found a workaround, which is a bit of a pain but it does work.

Rather than export the fields I want to excel using a map, I add the columns to my lookup and then use export to excel from tools.

Administrator

Hi Andy,

I'm sorry that this thread was overlooked when it was originally posted.
Thanks for the workaround info. Unfortunately i'm not able to replicate the issue on my end. Are you using any special characters in your field names? Have you made many changes to the field order in the map you've saved?

Hi Gary

It was so long ago I can't even remember! No idea what version we were on then either.

Important thing is I can get the data I need with that workaround - it just takes a bit more thought to make sure the correct columns are displayed.