Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Export log?

Export log?

Hi,

Is there a way I can check who exported what and when from ACT!  (log)?

Employee

Re: Export log?

Hello Thijs,

I don't believe there is a way to see this as Act! keeps logs of what happens in the database and not of what's been exported, but I'll ask around.

If you're worried about users exporting large amounts of data, you can change the permissions of your users so that they can't export at all or limit the amount of data they can see (and therefore export).

I need to check some history so changing the permission I will do going forward but I would love to see a database log. Thank you though!

Employee

[ Edited ]

For your information, there are 2 files, IMPORT_EXPORT_LOG.xml and IMPORT_EXPORT_FAILLOG.xml, in %appdata%\ACT\ACT Data that contain some information, but they're only really useful when you import/export another Act Database. Still, it might be worth having a look in those.

As for who has exported something, that's a lot more difficult to find out. The best I can do is the User Logins report in ActDiag, but that only shows the last time any user has logged in.

So if you combine the information of the logs and this report, you might be able to find out who exported something.