Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Export fax numbers without country code

In ACT6 I could export data to a csv text file as follows:-

Contact

Company

Fax number

I store my fax numbers without the 0 at the start of the UK fax number because I use eFax to fax them. I've just tried my first data export with ACT 2010 and it has exported the fax numbers with a prefix of +44 (the country code for my country).

It was easy to edit the format to remove the leading zero but I cannot find how to remove the +44.

Am I (as usual) missing the obvious?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author gtdc
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Export fax numbers without country code

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author gtdc
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Copper Super Contributor

As ever Mike. Genius!

Thank you.

We have an issue in changing the default country code, we're based in Singapore & the default set in my ACT! 2010 is Australia's country code. Thus, i'm unable to fax out to my contacts in Singapore as the default dailing code is +61 while Singapore's dailing code is +65. How do i change the default country code so that in future, the contacts that i key in would be automatically set as Singapore's dailing code?

Thank you. Look forward to be hearing from you soon.

The default for new records will be the same as your My Record (the first record you see when you open ACT!)

We tried changing the Myrecord entry. However after changing the country code & saving it, the default reverts back to Australia's code (+61). Any clue?

And your My Record has the "Country" field filled in correctly and the correct country code for all phone numbers?

Do we need to be the administrator to do that? Because we've tried to change the country to Singapore. Yet after saving it, it still reverts back to being Australia.

No, you shouldn't need to be an admin. If it's reverting back, are you sync'ing with something or using some add-on?
Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have clients who have found the same. In this region you sometimes get situations where you can't revert the phone numbers to other than Australia as the basis, i.e +61. We built a tool to run over the database and correct the condition so that the phone numbers become , in your case, Singapore centric. Right now we are finishing up for Xmas, but will be back on January 4th 2011 if you would like to make contact then and we could sort it out for you. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog