Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Export Problem - Source ACT DB to Target ACT DB retaining record creator / GUID

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Export Problem - Source ACT DB to Target ACT DB retaining record creator / GUID

During the above process the export gets hung up (progress bar stays maximized and does not move on to the next step) when exporting notes or history part.

Now I have done these same exports to retain the GUID / record creator with no problems but I have a few ACT databases that are giving me this problem above.

I tried restoring these databases, re-index / repair and making sure that all of the contact fields (only doing contact imports) were set exactly to what the target database has.  The source ACT DB has no custom contact fields.

Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated as I feel that I have exhausted all of the ones that I can think of right now.

ACT 2010 Core Certified

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mstott
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Export Problem - Source ACT DB to Target ACT DB retaining record creator / GUID

[ Edited ]

After many trials and tribulations I have solved this problem.

Using the guide here: Best Practices for Import and Exporting Data from One ACT! Database to Another ACT! Database

After doing the Exporting Users part you MUST REBOOT the target database machine or else any further contact imports to retain record creator are going to fail on notes or history importing.  When I read the instructions I thought to myself why would you need to reboot?  Plus I have 50+ users in house that are writing to one database so rebooting is not a acceptable option during business hours.

[Edit: shortened KB article link]

ACT 2010 Core Certified

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author mstott
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Export Problem - Source ACT DB to Target ACT DB retaining record creator / GUID

[ Edited ]

After many trials and tribulations I have solved this problem.

Using the guide here: Best Practices for Import and Exporting Data from One ACT! Database to Another ACT! Database

After doing the Exporting Users part you MUST REBOOT the target database machine or else any further contact imports to retain record creator are going to fail on notes or history importing.  When I read the instructions I thought to myself why would you need to reboot?  Plus I have 50+ users in house that are writing to one database so rebooting is not a acceptable option during business hours.

[Edit: shortened KB article link]

ACT 2010 Core Certified