Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Export Opportunity List

Export Opportunity List

I have ACT for Workgroups 2006 Version 8.0.2.82. I am able to view an Opportunity List. I want to export this list to Excel I have tried the following:

1. File/Export - but this does not allow me to choose the required fields that are showing within the Opportunity List window. When I use export, I only get the first Opportunity in column A of EXCEL and nothing else. I want the Company Name and Opportunity to show in Column A and B.

2. Tools/Export to Excel -  within the Opportunity List window, this option is greyed out and unavailable.

3. Copy/Paste - I have selected EACH line within the Opportunity List Window (hold shift then Page dwn to highlight all opportunities in successive Opportunity List windows) and attempted to paste into Excel. Regardless of how many Opportunities are highlighted, only the first Opportunity is pasted and does so only in column A. There is more info in the entire column that what I highlighted!

How to I get the contents of the Opportunity List window into an Excel 2007 spreadsheet.

Thanks for the assist.

Bronze Contributor

Re: Export Opportunity List

The reason that the Export to Excel button is greyed out is because ACT! 2006 was never written to recognize Excel 2007 and it never will.  You can either back down to Excel 2003 or upgrade to ACT! 2010 and you will be able to simply, and easily, with the click of that button, export ALL of your opportunities to Excel 2007, all setup with Pivot Tables ready to go.  A more time-consuming alternative would be to use the OLE DB provider and have Excel extract the Opportunity View and work on it that way.  Knowledgebase Article 25186 talks about the process - remember that ACT! 2006 is so old that it only has the original OLE DB Provider, not OLE DB Provider 2.0.

Signature