Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Export Company and contact List

Export Company and contact List

Hi guys,

I want to create a list (and export it) that shows the contacts (and there basic details) for certain companies.

I have tried doing the basic company search by ID / Status and this correctly displays the required list of companies, however when I try to export this, there is no option to include contacts.

Similarly, I can produce a list of all contacts but can't work out how to limit this to those relating to certain companies (by company ID / Status)

I could produce two lists and somehow merge them but it seems that would be quite an onerous task.

Using Act! Pro Version 19.2.146.0, Update 5

any suggestions appreciated

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Export Company and contact List

If I understand your post correctly, you are trying to use information in the company table to control a lookup in the contact table. That can't be done without the use of a third party add on. You could use a custom report to print the information.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Highlighted

Thanks Roy,
What I want to do is export a list of contacts.
The bare bones export would include
Name
Email
Telephone
Company

I can export lots of fields from the contact records but can't find a way to include any from the company linked to them.

It would also be great if I could include some additional fields from the company record, such as status and some custom fields I created, but face the same problem.

Yes I could export a list from the contacts, and another from the company and one by one stitch them together but heck, that is going to be a long process prone to operator error. :-(

I should also add I dont want all the contacts, just those relating to certain types of clients as per fields in the company records.
Platinum Elite Contributor

The contact and the company are two separate tables in the database. You can't do the kind of export you're describing from two separate tables. You could use a report for what you want.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Contributor

You may want to look at our Advanced Export to Excel add-on. it will do what you're looking for.

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
check our latest add-on: Better Last Activity Date Tracking

Thank you, I will certainly check it out.