Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Excluding a contract from a mail merge Without deleting him.

Copper Contributor

Excluding a contract from a mail merge Without deleting him.

Act v19

Is there an easy way without deleting or moving a contract to not have that contact be included in a mail merge?

I.e. Let's say that I send out a mail merge to 100 contacts and I get a reply asking me to not send this one contact any more info via post but he may be interested in many product further down the line. In which case I don't want to delete the contract entirely just miss him from future mail merges.

What's the best way of doing this? Would be ideal if there was a check box that I could tick which would exclude that contact from future mail merges.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Excluding a contract from a mail merge Without deleting him.

How are you creating your mailing list for the mail merge. If it's a lookup the easy thing to do would be to create a group from the mail merge list and then you could individually remove members from the group when you didn't want to include them in a followup.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I normally create a mail merge to a group by postal code.
I understand that I could create a group of contacts out of my main database that would consist of people who requested no contact via mailer but would be easier in my mind if I could get a check box on my main Act database that could exclude that contact from any future mail merges.
How difficult would it be to create and implement this check box or is there any better solution than to create an additional group from my main database that has no contact via mailers?

What I believe you would be looking for is a Group using dynamic membership. and adding a tick box to your contact layout (IE: Do not email)

what you would be able to do is create a group using the criteria of Postal code and on contacts that the do not email field is unticked.

Doing this would exclude any contacts that have this option selected allowing you to keep the look up for future use.

I have attached articles which help in going through this process.

15331 How to Create and Modify Contact, Company, and Group Fields in ACT!

12864 How To Create, Manage, and Add Contacts to Groups in ACT!

Copper Contributor

Excellent, thank you for taking the time out to help. I'll take a read at the links posted