Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exclude closed opportunities when Associating an opportunity with an activity?

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Exclude closed opportunities when Associating an opportunity with an activity?

Hi,

I am associating opportunities to activities.

Issue is the list of opportunities is getting quite long, and many, especially those that are annual renewal contracts, look identical in the small area reserved for the "Opportunity Name" column.

Is there any way to exclude, by some universal criteria, certain opportunities displayed in that list?  For example, once an opportunity is marked as Won I don't need to see it again in that list.  Or if it the forecasted close date is six months out I can exclude it, for example. 

I've only been using this function for a few weeks and it is already become a large list and a little unwieldy.

Mike 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author mikefm101
‎01-26-2016 08:05 AM
Administrator

Re: Exclude closed opportunities when Associating an opportunity with an activity?

[ Edited ]

Hi Mike, 

Just to clarify, are you trying to create an activity on contact, and then associate the activity with an opportunity using this window, which you're finding hard to navigate?:

:2016-01-26_12-34-37.png

An easier way to go about this, would be to browse to the opportunity on the contact, then create the activity from the opportunity screen. This will automatically associate the activity with the opportunity, and the contact:

Act!_2016-01-26_12-38-24.png]

Hope this answers your question.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author mikefm101
‎01-26-2016 08:05 AM
Administrator

Re: Exclude closed opportunities when Associating an opportunity with an activity?

[ Edited ]

Hi Mike, 

Just to clarify, are you trying to create an activity on contact, and then associate the activity with an opportunity using this window, which you're finding hard to navigate?:

:2016-01-26_12-34-37.png

An easier way to go about this, would be to browse to the opportunity on the contact, then create the activity from the opportunity screen. This will automatically associate the activity with the opportunity, and the contact:

Act!_2016-01-26_12-38-24.png]

Hope this answers your question.

Copper Super Contributor

Gary,

Yes, I was doing it like the first screenshot. 

Your method can work....I am usually working in a contact screen.  It is just more mouse clicks than I am used to and was hoping to streamline my normal process.

Not a bad solution.

Mike

Administrator

Hi Mike,

It should actually come out to less mouse clicks.
If you're on a contact detail view, clicking the opportunities tab (1), clicking the relevant opportunity (2), clicking the meeting/call/todo button (3), leaves you with a properly associated activity ready to be set.
The least I could get the other method down to was 6 clicks.
Copper Super Contributor

Gary,

Actually the issue was assigning an opportunity to an activity in which the contact related to the activity is not already assigned to the opportunity.  

I think most of the issue is I am so used to just doing most everything right in the contact window which is quite streamlined.

I am splitting hairs on the mouse clicks I know.  Still easy enough to do, so not a complaint.  I've been using Act since the early 90's, but only just begun using Opportunities the last few months since I started a new job where it is useful.  

Mike