Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Excel macros personal.xlsb disabled when export Act to Excel

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Excel macros personal.xlsb disabled when export Act to Excel

Hi,

I typically export my opportunity forecast to excel for reporting to management.  I have built Excel macros to format the spreadsheets properly.

When I export the Act data to Excel, and Excel opens, the Personal.XLSB worksheet that contains my macros is not available in the macro selection tool in Excel.

Instead, I must save the Excel file, close Excel application completely, then reopen the file.  Once it reopens the Personal.XLSB worksheet appears in the Excel macro selection tool.

I understand this is not Microsoft support, but as it only occurs when exporting from Excel I thought it appropriate to ask here how to make the exported Excel file support macro's immediately upon exporting and skipping the save/close/reopen step, which takes longer than running the macro itself.

Act V21, Excel is Office 365 MSO 16.0.xxxxx (presumably the latest version).

Mike

Silver Contributor

Re: Excel macros personal.xlsb disabled when export Act to Excel

I don't think it is possible. The ACT add-in for Excel is basically a macro itself so while this is running it will not allow another to run.

You could use the ODBC linking to export the data but I would suggest that your work around is the best solution..