Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Excel Macros do not work with ACT! 10.0.1.199

Excel Macros do not work with ACT! 10.0.1.199

[ Edited ]
We have just installed the new upgrade and are having problems with macros working in Ofive 2003 Excel. Even without using the macros the spreadsheet crashes when entering a value in a cell and moving to the next cell. If we set the macro security to "HIGH" we can enter values without crashing but cannot run the maros then.

We are running .NET 2.0. I have heard there might be an issue with .NET but have no idea what to do.

Any suggestions?

Message Edited by Basslips on 03-07-2008 11:43 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Excel Macros do not work with ACT! 10.0.1.199

Are you referring to macros in an Excel sheet that links to ACT!, or just in a normal Excel sheet?

What sort of crash?

Does this happen for all users?

ACT! 9 and 10 use the .Net Framework 2.0

Excel crashes when not linked to ACT!. As soon as a value is entered in a regular cell and you arrow over to the next cell an error message pops up and Excel closes. It doesn't happen to all users. We are using office 2003 and SP-1-2-3 on various machines. It doesn't matter which machine has what SP. it seems pretty random to me.

thanks for the suggestion but i have tried the detect and repair with no change. in fact, i've NEVER had any luck repairing any office aplication problem. it's always taken a reinstall to cure the problem.

i've been on the phone with act for what seems like days now with no solution yet.

any other suggestions?

thanks for your time people!

What's the crash error?
If there's an erro in the Windows Event Log, post that also

here is the error message. i've heard it was a .NET problem but i have no idea how to fix it.

i still have found a solution to this problem while i've been tied up with other things. any new ideas. i went to the microsoft page that GL Computing suggested but there was nothing relevant there.

Basslips wrote:
i still have found a solution to this problem while i've been tied up with other things. any new ideas. i went to the microsoft page that GL Computing suggested but there was nothing relevant there.

Did you actually try any of the fixes on that page?