Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Event continues to self replicate

Event continues to self replicate

Hi All,

I am currently running ACT! 2009, but this problem was also in ACT! 2007.

I have two particular events, "timeless" meetings, for June 7, 2007 and 12/20/2007 that will self replicate several hundreds of times each. I have tried to erase them completely from the task list, but they come back, replicating several hundred times. I have tried marking them complete, then using "remove old data" only to have them come back, replicating themselves several hundred times. The meeting is set for non-recurring, and I am listed as the "Sheduled with". It seems to be these two events and only these two events where this occurs. When they do appear, they show up on the task list for that day (they are not rolling forward as my ToDo's do) but do not show up on the actual calendar.

I use CompanionLink to sync between Outlook 2003 and Act. However, this is a recent change, and I had the problem BEFORE putting CompanionLink on my machine. Also, when I updated from ACT! 2007 to 2009 I disabled CompanionLink. The replications still occurred. Further, I have CompanionLink to ignore anything older than 30 days when syncing the calendar, so these items do not move over to Outlook.

I have used the check and repair function in ACT! and I have also used actdiag, but the problem continues. I thought I read something about a potential interaction between ACT! and Norton AV, but have been unable to find it again.

Has anyone run into this, and if so is/was there a solution?

Thanks,

Event continues to self replicate- Update

I did more digging and found several events still in the calendar from 2005. They are set to "Completed". I believe this is the source for all the self replications.

However, when I try to "unclear"   events in order to erase them, they will not "unclear" The screen blinks and the events are still there with a check mark.

I have run "remove all data (anything over 60 days, which these should qulaify) to no avail. I've been looking for a way to reload the database from a particular date on, but havenb't found anything on that area.

Has anyone had any luck with "sticky" data?

Thanks