Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Estmated Monthly Forecast Report Duplicating Combine Product Entries

Estmated Monthly Forecast Report Duplicating Combine Product Entries

Hi All,

My company sells low volumes of expensive ($100K+) capital equipment.  A typical order could be for one or two machines.  Sometimes two machines are necessary for one project and are linked, you get both or none.  Larger customers may have a couple of projects going simultaneously for example, on project requires one machine, and the other requires two machines.

I customized an 'Opportunities by Estimated Closing Month' which works fine with single machine projects.  However, when I create an Opportunity for a 2-machine project  I get the combined project total $ listed 2 times as shown below.  Each line rpresents one of the 2 machines in the project, but dollars shown are for the two machines combined, which carries the doubling error into the summary totals.  I am a newbie under the gun to 'fix' our companies ACT!.  Can anyone advise me with some detail?  Searching the Knowledge base & google yeilded nothing.  TIA,  Bill

RSM    Dealer / Rep     Company       Project Name                Builder  Model      Total Sale   Est. Close   Stage

Bill S   Tools - Direct    Machine Inc.    Test Fake Opportunity      Ford     STB/200     $275,000      2/23/11   Follow Up

Bill S  Tools - Direct     TORK              Test Fake Opportunity 2   Tech    T-42            $181,000      3/28/11   New Opportunity

Bill S  Tools - Direct     Bal-BAL INC.   Test Fake Opportunity 3    Ford    BC-160       $1,660,300   4/23/11   Quoted Solution

Bill S  Tools - Direct     Bal-BAL INC.   Test Fake Opportunity 3    You     ATL-20ATC  $1,660,300  4/23/11   Quoted Solution

Bill S  Tools - Direct     Bal-BAL INC.   Third Separate Machine    Tech   T-42              $182,000     5/31/11   New Opportunity 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Estmated Monthly Forecast Report Duplicating Combine Product Entries

Without examining the report template and database directly is't difficult to say exactly what is causing the problem. However I suspect that you combined fields from the opportunity table and the products table without using a subreport.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Estmated Monthly Forecast Report Duplicating Combine Product Entries

I definitely didn't use a sub-report.  Nor did I use anything other than the Add/Edit Product menu to enter the information and the total.   I am guessing I should have used 'sub total' for that function.  I am going to give that a try.  Thank You.