Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Establishing Sales Goals & Targets

Copper Contributor

Establishing Sales Goals & Targets

Is it possible to establish annual, quarterly and monthly sales targets within ACT for Financial Professionals?  Opportunities capture pricing and allow you to flag the opportunity as open, won and paid. Are these totals accumulated anywhere to allow you to track your progress towards established goals?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Establishing Sales Goals & Targets

There are several Opportunity Reports under the Reports menu that can give you opportunity data based on stages, users, products, etc.  Also from the Opportunity List you can run a graph and pipeline report.  Hopefully one of these will give you the information you require.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thank you for replying to my request. I've checked out the Opportunity reports and Pipeline reports and they are great reports... but not exactly what I'm looking for. As I update client opportunities and move the opportunities through the various stages it would be so useful to have a report that would tally the anticipated commission at each stage within a specified date range.  This information would let me know how much I have been paid as well as how much is coming down the pipeline and the expected arrival of payment based upon the anticipated closing date of the opportunity. To me this is a must have and one of the primary purposes of establishing the pipeline of business opportunities. I need to know what has come in and what can be anticipated. Also, if annual and monthly commission targets or goals could be entered I would be able to see just how close I am tracking to my goals.
Platinum Elite Contributor

It should be possible to create the report that you want. However, to develop the different totals and tracking information would require adding VB scripting to the report.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hello

I was just reading your post. Did you manage to work out how to do what you wanted. I have similar needs with payments coming in weekly (debt collection business). Would loove some ideas please. Cheers

Bronze Super Contributor

You did not mention what version of ACT! you are using...

If you are using 2010 or 2011, you will have more flexibility in what you do as the opportunity records are more customizable and they also offer the SQL based dashboards where you could create some dash modules that could filter on user definable date ranges and do the math on the commisions...

How are you tracking commissions?  Are the commissions consistently derived or are there too many variables in each sale to automate easily...?