04-17-2012 02:26 PM
I am getting the following error.
The database (Name of Database) could not be accessed. In order to access this databse, check your network connection (which is fine) and verify that your database server is available (what is that?). It may be necessary to diable any firewal software on your computer or the server.
Press F1 for a troubleshooting guide (which I also can't access.)
Can someone please assist me in resolving this issue. We use ACT to sync our contacts and calendar to Outlook and it is reeking havoc here in the office.
04-19-2012 10:56 AM
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!
It souds like the 'SQL Server (ACT7)' service is not running on the computer hosting the database. You can check the service by:
- Windows Start >
- Select Run (XP) or use Search field (Vista, Windows 7)
- Enter command 'services.msc'; press enter
- Locate 'SQL Server (ACT7)'
- Right click on 'SQL Server (ACT7)' and select Start
- Once started, attempt to open the database