Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error unpacking remote database!

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Error unpacking remote database!

Hi

When i try to unpack and restore a remote database i get this error message:

"Database and datastore files were not successfully extracted from zip file. Access to path 'C:\pmorrow\Daten\PRMwork\ActDatabase\PMKlauke09-databasefiles\Queries\CredDB.CEF' is denied'

If anyone has encountered this issue before can you help me please!!!!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: Error unpacking remote database!

On the server, go to where the database is stored.  You will see a folder called <database name>-database files.  Open that folder and you'll see a folder call Queries.  Inside the Queries folder, move CredDB.CEF to your desktop.  Then create a new remote database and attempt to restore the new remote.

After its done create the remote, can you move CredDB.CEF back to the Queries folder.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tuned Listener

I have had similar problems when trying to restore from or restore a network drive.  I've also experienced this when entering the user ID or password incorrectly.

Can't say that's your problem for sure though.

--------------------------
Regards,

Brian Myers
Dataweb USA Inc.
www.datawebusa.com
1-888-Dataweb (328-2932)
Nickel Contributor

Looks like a permissions issue, try another directory also make sure your logged on as a local admin.

I have tryed a different dicrectory plus i have full admin rights on the laptop. I am getting the Database from my company's server and then im trying to unpack it on my C: drive. Wherever i try to extract it i get the same error message saying i dont have access to the queries folder and the file called credDB.CEF!!
Nickel Contributor

It's because of where your accessing it, you need to do this task locally.

This may be due to Credant security software on your pc-- I just had same issue when trying to move large #s of files from one laptop to another via remote attach across an internal network.  Try omitting this file from your transfer if possible, this worked for me.  It may be a hidden file btw.

I uninstalled credent fully and also unencrypted all the hard drive but its still bringing up the same error message. This is getting very fustrating now lol.

Remove CredDB.CEF from the parent database and create a new remote database.

How would i go about doing this?
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

On the server, go to where the database is stored.  You will see a folder called <database name>-database files.  Open that folder and you'll see a folder call Queries.  Inside the Queries folder, move CredDB.CEF to your desktop.  Then create a new remote database and attempt to restore the new remote.

After its done create the remote, can you move CredDB.CEF back to the Queries folder.