Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error show when i tried to install ACT for users

Error show when i tried to install ACT for users

I need help please I have that error when try to install act on my computer

Le programme d'installation des composants requis de Sage ACT! a détecté que l'instance ACT7 ne fonctionne pas ou est désactivée.System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.HardReset(String strSecurityCmdLnApp, String ACTPath)
   at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.InstallSQL2008(String SourcePath, String ACTPath, String Param, String strSAPWD, Boolean InstallSP)
   at PrereqCommon.SQLMethods.PrepareAndInstallSQL2008(String strSrcPath, String strSQLPath, String strACTPath, String strSQLAccount, String strSQLCollation, Boolean IsSPNeeded)

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error show when i tried to install ACT for users

[ Edited ]

Hello Gensner_360,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community.

Error translation:
"Sage ACT Pre-requisite installer has detected that the ACT7 instance is either disabled or not available."

Please see if the following Knowledgebase articles helps resolve the issue:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2946...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.