Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error: "There Are Not Enough Licenses In This Database To Allow You To Log In". Cannot access old database.

Error: "There Are Not Enough Licenses In This Database To Allow You To Log In". Cannot access old database.

I created a new database. I used the same username that the old database is using. However I chose a different password for the new database. When I try to open the old database, I get the error "There Are Not Enough Licenses In This Database To Allow You To Log In". I only have 1 license. When I go to "Manage Users" there is only 1 user. I am using ACT 2012. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Error: "There Are Not Enough Licenses In This Database To Allow You To Log In". Cannot access old database.

Hello Jgsouther,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Be sure to check the Help > Register ACT! option to see if it is recognizing that the serial number has been registered. The number of licenses would also appear in the Manage Users screen.
Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Error: "There Are Not Enough Licenses In This Database To Allow You To Log In". Cannot access old database.

I had to call support today and get them to fix the problem. They used the ACT! 8.0 Password reset utility. When I went to "Manage Users" there was only 1 user. However, when the support tech opened that utility it showed 2 users! I don't know how that could be possible. Anyways, the support tech was able to deactivate 1 user within the utility. This fixed the problem.